Best things come in small packages… Chia seeds are tiny, yet so mighty.
1 tablespoon of chia seeds has more calcium than a glass of milk, as much fiber as a cup of oats and twice the omega-3 content of a 1/4-cup serving of walnuts.
Chia’s nutritional profile (1 tbsp)
- Calories: 58
- Fat: 3.8 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Ways to reap benefits from these seeds… Here are some…
- Soak them in water till they soften and increase in size. Eat as it or add to anything
- Add them to protein drinks and vegetable juices
- Sprinkle on dosas or add in idli batter or even yogurt
- Add them to salads, pastas or poha
- Mix them in your favourite jam
If you fancy a smoothie, try this yum morning smoothie
- 1 diced banana
- 1 cup milk
- One tablespoon chia seeds
- 2-3 soaked almonds
- natural sweetener of choice (try honey or stevia)
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Banana can be replaced by any fruit if your choice such as mangoes, strawberries, avocados, peaches.
So next time you visit the supermarket, do not miss on grabbing the wonder pack.
You can even buy it online, here’s the link –