As 2017 rolls away, it’s that time of the year when most of us are ready to swear off chocolates, fried food, alcohol and start working out…
And why not…Its really exciting to create health resolutions following the over-indulgent holiday season.
Simply try the below ways to help you stay on track to weight-loss success.
• The best exercise is the one you love and do it on a regular basis. Identify a sport that you enjoy… Swimming, Badminton, Running, Yoga…
• My favourite workout – Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred
You want to get shredded in 30 days? Look no further… Jillian Michaels’s 30 Day Shred workout DVD will get you to achieve your goal and stay FIT with her tough motivational style that she made famous on the hit TV show The Biggest Loser.
I swear by this and urge you to try it. The workout consists of three 6-minute circuits, each of which features 3-2-1 interval training system, consisting of 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abdominal exercises. Just 20 minutes of this workout is more effective than hours of working out in the Gym.
You can buy the 30 day shred DVD here – Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred
• Drink water…
Hydration boosts fat metabolism and flushes out excess water weight you might be holding on to. Drinking 2 glasses of water before meals can make you lose an average of 2 more kgs within a month than if you don’t.
• Use your smart phone camera to capture your daily journey and keep going back and checking how you looked on Day 1 vs now.
• Compete – Catch hold of a friend who has a similar resolution and get going together
• Maintain a food dairy… write each and every thing you eat… (Remember… we wrote answers in the book and not just read them for better retention). It creates a better awareness of what we are eating.
- DON’T freak out on food after eating pav bhaji or bhajia and then punish yourself by exercising. Exercising is not meant as a punishment for the body. It’s a way to improve blood circulation, fitness, and to love your body.
Remember, effects of overeating will not get washed away by an hour in the gym. What you do for the rest 23 hours during the day will have a bigger effect…including peaceful sleep too.
So go for it…it’s time for your latest series, 12 new seasons… 365 episodes…